11/14/19 Fostering a Positive Classroom Environment

11/14/19 Fostering a Positive Classroom Environment

Katie Elvidge
Administrator
This post was updated on .
On  our first ever cross-curricular #ILCom, guest speaker Krystal Clifton discussed strategies for fostering a positive classroom environment. Krystal is a 4th grade teacher in a diverse school district where 100% of the students in the district receive free lunch. One of the biggest struggles her district faces is a 28% chronic absenteeism rate. Krystal shared with us strategies for fostering a positive classroom environment by building relationships and rapport to support the risk-taking and authentic learning we want to see in the classroom.‚Äč
A copy of Krystal's slide deck can be found at: http://bit.ly/CreatingPosClassEnv