3-10-20 Dialogue About Our Deepest Differences

3-10-20 Dialogue About Our Deepest Differences

Katie Elvidge
Administrator
Election 2020 in this era of political polarization brings both challenges and opportunities in engaging students in current and societal issue discussions. Mary Ellen Daneels joins us to discuss research-based practices in creating a safe environment for student participation in addressing the most essential questions facing our communities. Walk away with resources to engage students in deliberation to enhance your current classroom practice. Explicit connections will be made to the IL Social Science Standards, IL Civics Mandates, Social-Emotional Learning Competencies, the ELA Common Core State Standards, and the Danielson Framework for Effective Teaching.

Mary Ellen shared a multitude of resources shared in a Google Drive found at: https://tinyurl.com/DialogueResources.